Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Unus Annus Laxus

For those of you that are dropping by to check out my “picture of the day”, thanks for dropping by. Just scroll down a bit and you’ll find today’s post.

Today, The Sum of The Parts celebrates its first anniversary on the web. It’s hard to believe that it’s been a year since I made my first post here. This project started off several years back as a mere idea. That fragment of an idea slowly, over the course of a good many months, evolved into words and those words eventually condensed into a few actions that led to the beginning of this little blog of mine.

I’ve always been a big believer in the power of mind over matter. The fact that this blog precipitated from a simple thought has made me even more of a believer. I dont know a lot about blogging. I’m not even sure what I want this blog to become, but I’m sure that in time, it will evolve into whatever it was meant to be. I’m happy that some of you out there have decided to watch this thing grow as well.

I appreciate the kind words and comments that I have received about this blog and I am humbled to have a handful of readers that have happened across my little homestead here in cyberspace. I hope that all (three) of you have enjoyed the images from the first year. I’ll do my best to bring you more good stuff down the road.

Let’s do another year.

Peace,

Rainey


R. Parker
March 5, 2007

Camera Model Name Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL
Shooting Date/Time 3/5/2007 3:52:35 PM
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400
Av( Aperture Value ) 22
ISO Speed 400
Lens 28.0 - 135.0mm
Focal Length 56.0mm
Image Size 3072x2048
Flash Off
AF Mode One-Shot AF
Parameters
Contrast +1
Sharpness +2
Color saturation +2
Color tone Normal
Color Space sRGB
File Size 2873KB

Autolevels only
no other post processing

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary, baby!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Rainey said...

thanks, yourauntsarah! :-)

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you know more than three of us are looking at your wonderful pictures and what a writer... but does that really surprise me, you seem to be wonderful at everything you try to accomplish.. Your Friend.. Peggy

6:50 AM  
Blogger Rainey said...

Thanks Peggy. Your complements about my writing actually kinda made me blush a little bit. :@) I've always tried to keep a safe distance from prose. I've never really been able to make it work for me. It took me a full year to get up the nerve to try to piece-together those few simple paragraphs. I'm glad you like how it all came together.

I've always favored images over words for some reason. I'm not exactly sure why... so you'll probably continue to see more pictures than words on my blog. The analysts out there might possibly say that this reveals some thing about the deep inner-workings of my psyche. That could very well be true. Or it could just be that my photography teachers were a hellava lot better than my English teachers.

Go figure.

Thanks again, Peg.

Peace,

Rainey

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home